ABOUT / RULES
Playoffs – Championship and Consolation Contests Underway – Pick now!
2012/13 season underway
About / Rules
Pigskin Prognostication is an NFL picks competition open to all, with weekly and end-of-season prizes. Sign up for a free account below, and predict the winners of this week’s games. The prognosticator(s) with the most correct picks wins the week. Overall records are kept all season, and the race for the playoffs takes shape. Only the top six players will advance to compete in a special postseason competition to crown the season champion.
Every weekly winner will be eligible to receive end-of-season prizes, and anyone scoring a perfect record during any week will automatically receive an Amazon gift card. So if you have already missed some games, it is never too late to enter the competition.
A few important rules changes and clarifications for this season:
1. No tie-breakers. I haven’t added that function, so if two or three or four people tie for the best record in a week, that many will receive a win.
2. No bonus questions. For now, I may add these back in during the season.
3. Each game is locked individually at its scheduled kickoff time. Picks can be made or edited for all games up until they are locked. 4. How the playoffs participants are determined: as in previous years, the top five overall records by win percentage qualify for the playoffs. However, the sixth seed will instead be awarded to the non-top 5 finisher who has the most weekly wins. It’s a bit of wild-card element that allows anyone who starts late or misses a lot of games to make the playoffs if they pick exceptionally well.
5. The maximum number of games you can miss and remain playoffs-eligible (except for the sixth wild-card seed) is 30. If you will be absent for a while, you are able to pick several weeks in advance.
6. Players who pick every game for the entire season will receive a one-win bonus.
More details will follow. If you have any questions, please contact us at